- Uphill work to get conscious this morning, but I have the part time job orientation -- unpaid, BTW-- this morning that I'd better hurry to.
- Back from orientation, which was all about safety, safety, safety, Spam, and safety. I was not the oldest nor the only female. Not bad!
This is the temporary holiday driver's helper job with UPS, which if it doesn't get too physically tiring should move fast & furious, which if I can't have an intellectually rigorous job will at least keep me moving. UPS seems like a fair company, to judge from the way they treated us temps.
Oh, and it turns out that orientation is paid, too -- now that's more than I expected, right there. I'm assigned to the group that works within 5 miles of here, so I shouldn't have to travel far to meet up with the drivers. But it's not guaranteed I'll get hours every day, though since there's a certain amount of expected attrition among the helpers, if you stick around and are reliable, you'll get work.
If nothing else, it should be An Experience.
- Back to teaching myself PHP, which is rather untyped & wild-west-style lawless, rather like discovering that pro racers use training wheels
It's just that after learning rigorous typing for C# and especially Java, going back to PHP and realizing that you don't have to declare if something is a string or a number is... oddly disappointing. Cats and dogs living together! Luxury!
- You know what? I forgot to call the school to go get my Actual Certificate for the programming course today....
It was supposed to come in last week, I called and stopped by twice, guy promised to call me when it was in (he SAID that he was given a package tracking number) and looked so honest when he said it.
The important thing is, my "certificate" is official, I just don't have the physical document. But I'd like it anyway, ys know?
- Almost #Heroes time. I may be the only person still watching, but I love evil carnivals.
- #Heroes might just have the best Thanksgiving episode since Buffy's Yam Sham.
I never expected a "Thanksgiving" episode from this show, but if they'd been doing this sort of thing more along the way, there'd be more interest in it for sure. Three families, three awkward family gatherings. Plus, Mr. Muggles has a girlfriend! With a pink bow! Yam jokes! Fainting guests! Exes bringing new love interests!