- Supposed to hit 61F today, but I'm still going to acquire space heaters et alia.
- Yay! Tags in Porter Square does have some space heaters and they're open now!
- Two space heaters achieved, and they actually work, too. My day suddenly seems much brighter and less frustrating!
- Visited a kind and generous friend who is lent us a space heater, and the roommate procured electric blankets, so we are set!
- Heat is a wonderful thing. I highly recommend it.
The long-term solution isn't set yet, but at least I have control over the short-term stuff, like immediately being warm. The long-term stuff will be fixed with $MONEY$, one way or the other, either by depleting the remaining savings I'm holding onto (and what are they for, anyway? Yeah, broke furnace surely counts as An Emergency), or it will turn out that I can get some money from my house insurance, or I may qualify for some energy-abatement funding, because a New Furnace will be very much an energy-saving improvement, or I will be able to re-finance the mortgage, which is still, even with the housing market dropping so much, still for much less than the house is worth, even with a broken furnace.
So, I've got Options, and with the acquisition of space heaters, I've got adequate remediation for the shorter term so that I don't have to rush into hasty decisions, which is always a good thing.
Plus, in terms of improving the value of my house, a new and efficient furnace (and the disposal of the asbestos-clad old furnace) is a plus.
- ION, I'm wondering if I have any orange clothes to represent for my Scotch-Irish ancestry.
Hey, they deserve some love, too. I think of them as smart people who moved on from Ye Auld Sod when they figured out they weren't welcome....
- @markos The tea-baggers aren't taking into account that Scott Brown is Indeed Very Right Wing... for the People's Republic of Massachusetts.
Seriously, in some ways I was relieved that Martha Coakley didn't win, because I think she's made some weaselly decisions as the Commonwealth's Attorney General. Brown, at least, is starting out as that rare breed of "liberal" Republican, which is actually well into the ultraviolet spectrum of actual Liberal stances, but still far to the left of the Tea Party.
- Ugly Overload: Eye Orbits ow.ly/1nu8p -- What a big-eyed Tarsier's skull looks like, for real. Nature is weirder than I can make up!
This was just a WOW! for me, because it looks almost like a cartoon alien skull.
- RT @metrozing Nothing official but I've noted, thru client work, an association between intense feelings of loneliness and extreme clutter.
I think she -- she's one of the clutter experts on the Hoarders TV show -- is onto something there....