- Took the old microwave, some black popcorn still inside, out to the garbage men. Made sure the other appliances watched.
And a friend of mine said, "Appliance death corn" -- though I like to think that I'm merely encouraging the other appliances to work correctly. The dishwasher has been looking shifty....
- WPDesigner.com >> So you want to create WordPress themes huh? ow.ly/ezzf -- the tutorial I'm following, which is sense-making.
- WHY why WHY was I so freaked about WordPress/PHP? Or is this tutorial making it look way too easy?
- Lunch and post-lunch coma/nap derailed my productivity, but then I didn't get too much sleep last night. Back to being productive!
No, I don't think it's entirely the splendiferousness of the tutorial -- I wouldn't be going so very fast if I didn't have a really great grasp of what the HTML and CSS elements are doing and being able to follow how they work with the PHP/WordPress functions.
All that practice I've been doing with making my resume over in different CSS incarnations, taking my programming class over again? It's all paying off.
- Ooops. Almost forgot I have to go to class tonight. Making great leaps and bounds on the WordPress stuff, though. But Java calls!
- No sooner had I posted about leaving for class, then I get a phone call and an email message -- class is CANCELED. Lucky I'm running late!
- Which means I can continue to struggle with my WordPress theme work. Next to figure out -- how to make pictures show up.
I was just regretting that I hadn't taken any time to go sit out in the backyard, and looking at the clock and realizing that I'd have to take a substantial snack along in order to have something resembling dinner because I'd probably be late even without stopping for dinner, when almost simultaneously the phone rang and I got an email from the instructor.
I'd be all Score! and Whoohoo! but the cancellation is because the instructor's wife had to go to the ER. I'll take just a little bit of joy that I was late, so I didn't actually drive all the way up to Woburn in evening rush hour traffic.
- Patio time in the gloaming! I actually shut off the work computer to make myself take a break.
I think on the whole, one of the things about a Real Job with a Real Office is that you end up taking more breaks more often, if only because you have to talk to bosses and coworkers about work stuff, walk a distance to the bathrooms, cafeteria for snacks, et cetera. Even if working at home comes with hot and cold running cats.